Visit MargaretPerry.org

Visit MargaretPerry.org
The Great Katharine Hepburn has relocated to margaretperry.org, where you will find even more amazing reviews and commentaries on films from the classic era to today!

02 September 2013

Goodbye, Summer - Hello, September!

Happy September, everybody! Alas, summer has gone and autumn is upon us. Actually, fall is my favorite season, so I'm not exactly sad that the wretched days of Virginia humidity are behind us. But I am bummed that there will be no more Summer Under the Stars on TCM until next year.


Thank you to Turner Classic Movies for another great year of stars - it was nice to see some of the old familiar faces, while also being introduced to some new friends. SUTS is a great way to meet new actors and expand one's movie-watching experience.

I would like to thank Michael at ScribeHard on Film and Jill at Sittin' on a Backyard Fence for hosting the Summer Under the Stars Blogathon again this year. There were so many great entries from across the blogosphere. A big thank you to those who read along and commented - our followers are as much participants in these events as are the hosts and writers. I look forward to doing this again next year!
Here are the Summer Under the Stars posts I contributed this year:
The end of the summer also means the end of another blogathon, the 2013 Summer Reading Classic Film Book Challenge hosted by Out of the Past. I may not have read as many film books as I was hoping this summer, but it was fun seeing what the others wrote about.

Here are the book posts I wrote this summer:

gish

Although the summer blogathons are over now, there are a couple September events to look forward to. Lindsey at The Motion Pictures is hosting the Gish Sister Blogathon, September 7-9. I shall be writing about REMODELING HER HUSBAND (1920), a lost pictures both sisters collaborated on. Then on September 21-22, Comet Over Hollywood and Lindsay's Movie Musings will be hosting the Journalism in Classic Film Blogathon. I intend to write about WOMAN OF THE YEAR (1942), Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy's first film together, in which they both play journalists on the same paper.

journalism

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I can't believe that it's already September (but I'm actually really glad because I love Fall)! I'll be participating in the Breaking News blogathon too! My topic is The Philadelphia Story :) Looking forward to reading YOUR entry on Woman Of the Year since it's one of my favourite Tracy/Hepburn films!

    ReplyDelete

Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

ShareThis